Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Tweet Tweet

It has only been about three weeks since I have signed up and begun my journey on twitter land. It sure has been a roller coaster of emotions. The first ten minutes on twitter left me feeling like I felt at age 6 when I got lost in a grocery store. There was just and endless amount of information to get through and even then coming through into my news feed. There was so much to click on as far as links, hashtags and profiles that at the end of the ten very chaotic minutes I felt overwhelmed, ready to quit and cry. Just like I did at the grocery store when I ended up in the bread aisle and called out for my mom. 

The next day I was doing some research and came across a really neat technology tool that impressed me. I instantly felt like I had to share this with my colleagues but then I thought, why not share this with the world. Then and there I decided to share this on twitter.I had remembered clicking on the hashtag "#techtools" the day before and saw a bunch of other posts from other professionals who had shared new innovative tools for the classroom so I shared my discovery and tagged it "#techtools." This was a great feeling. For the moment I felt happy that I posted something relevant to education and innovative but I also had this amazing feeling of being part of something huge. A community of professionals collaborating online. I was instantly hooked! 

Twitter is one of the most used social networks used by educators for networking, collaborating, and as a tool in the classroom. The fact that you have the option to talk to "edufamous" professionals makes twitter such a powerful tool. The opportunity to  have a conversation or get daily advice from educators who are  actually applying new and  innovative tools as well as practices is priceless. Although I would still consider myself more of a lurker on twitter I do see myself becoming more and more involved.



No comments:

Post a Comment