Saturday, March 22, 2014

WebQuest Progress

For my WebQuest I chose to focus the students on about ten great American heroes of the past and some of the present. The American heroes I chose to focus on are:  Amelia Earhart, Martin, Luther King Jr. , Barack Obama, Sally Ride, Sitting Bull, Albert Einstein, Helen Keller, Harriet Tubman, Alexander Graham Bell, Susan B. Anthony , and Abraham Lincoln. All heroes of the past who the students can relate to . I decided on these ten because they are made a huge difference not only for our country but for its people.  Learning about these then individuals will give the students a well rounded idea of what it is to be an American hero. 

So far I have managed to get all of the text on successfully on WebQuest. I do not think I need to make major changes as far as grammar and organization of the information but I do feel that I need to go back and maybe reconsider the task. I might have to change it to be a bit easier or extend it form one week to two weeks time to complete the task. I am not sure just yet if I will modify that.
In the introduction I mention that I would make available  a snippet of information for the students using a link that will take them straight to the information. I want them to choose a hero they really care to find more about. Also, I like the idea of making this information a click away. My plan is to see if I could link to just specific information rather than link to a web page that might get my students lost since they are in 2nd grade and might find it hard to browse and research in general. 

The only frustration I have with WebQuest is that it seems very outdated. I feel that it should be much easier to build a webpage now a days. Editing on WebQuest seems like it is going much slower than it should be. I also feel extremely limited in getting creative. I understand that there is a set format of what a WebQuest should have and how its organized but as far as making it more appealing, I'm finding it to be impossible.

No comments:

Post a Comment